Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hello there I am Van



My name is Vanessa. You can call me Van. I was born on the 18th of October 1989 and is a humble citizen of the Philippines.

I took BSIT in college thinking I would learn how to animate and become part of Pixar someday. But all I have learned in college was C, C++, Java binary codes, flow charts, etc... so basically I graduated not being able to learn anything that would help me reach Pixar TT

But, after I graduated, I continued doing graphic designs and made my own logo with the slogan "Creative Daydreaming". Soon after, I taught myself how to make music videos. I started with the basic Windows Movie Maker to Pinnacle and now I am using Sony Vegas. I always put my logo in every beginning of my videos as a sign of my work.



One day, one Korean friend of mine was about to return to her own country. She wanted to bring me along. So I drew her a mini version of me. The moment she arrived in her home, she showed me a picture of the drawing I made in her own room.
This gave me the idea to give my friends who will travel around the world a copy of my mini character and take photos of it to make it seem like I was somehow there with them. Friend after friend wanted a "Mini Van" which grew some popularity amongst my friends.

Then I joined Instagram. I started as a typical user, but I don't really take photos of myself and share to the public of the stuff I am doing. So then again, I got the idea of using my mini me as a proxy, and gradually gained recognition.



And now I am making this blog, dedicated to write more of what my miniself is doing.

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment