Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Need More Ears



I'm not the jewelry type of person, but as early as 2 years old, my parents already got my ears pierced (which is common for Filipinos) So I always had earrings on me. I grew up thinking that necklaces, bracelets and rings were uncomfortable and unnecessary. But now I wear a stainless steel bracelet which was personally made by my uncle for me 8 years ago and also now I wear a ring which was given by a special friend of mine to symbolize our friendship. Though at first it felt uncomfortable to be wearing both, but now I hardly, rarely, almost never take it off. Taking it off feels as if I have removed my finger or lost a toenail. Weird. But the fact won't change that I prefer earrings more.

I never bought myself any earrings until last 4 years ago. It started when a friend of mine gave me a cute pair of rabbit shaped earrings and demanded me to wear it everyday. Seeing that I wore those kinds of earrings gave other people the idea that I am into those stuff, and the rest followed. Friend after friend gave me earrings, which eventually became a thing of mine and started buying some for myself too.

My collection isnt that much and impressive, but still, they're quite a handful, or shall I say, earful?

-V-

No comments:

Post a Comment